This ACA Journals app combines article content from all 1,600 WOL journals in one place. Download the app in iOS or Android by searching for "Wiley Online Library" in your app store.
Log into the app by using your ACA member username and password for full article access.
For journal subscriptions, contact Wiley-Blackwell at:
General e-mail queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for Journals FAQs
Americas: Onlinelibrary@wiley.com or Journal Customer Service, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 101 Station Landing, Suite 300, Medford, MA 02155, toll free 1-800-835-6770, or 781-388-8598
Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Journal Customer Service, John Wiley & Sons Inc., PO Box 808, 1-7 Oldlands Way, Bognor Regis PO21 9FF, United Kingdom, phone: +44 (0) 1865 778315
Asia Pacific: Journal Customer Service, Wiley Services Singapore Pte Ltd., 1 Fusionopolis Walk, #07-01 Solaris South Tower, Singapore 138628, phone: +65 6511 8000
JCD is the official publication of the American Counseling Association (ACA). The journal publishes practice, theory, and research articles across 18 different specialty areas and work settings. Sections include research, assessment and diagnosis, theory and practice, and trends.
JCD publishes quarterly in January, April, July, and October. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $479 institutional (online on ly) or $600 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current ACA members receive complimentary online access.
JCD Editorial Office
JCD Manuscript Submissions
Matthew E. Lemberger-Truelove, JCD Editor
Department of Counseling and Higher Education
University of North Texas
Welch Street Complex 2 101
1155 Union Circle #310829
Denton, TX 76203-5017
| Author Guidelines JCD
JCD October 2022
As expectations grow for the future use of psychedelic-assisted therapies (PATs), counselors’ beliefs about the drugs remain mixed, with many concerned about the risk of long-term cognitive impairment, says an article in the October Journal of Counseling & Development. Researchers at the University of Cincinnati surveyed professional counselors, counseling students and counselor educators to explore their views on PAT, hypothesizing that those who were male, younger or had used psychedelics themselves would be more likely to espouse positive views of PAT—a theory largely borne out by the data. Overall, however, most counselors agreed that psychedelics offer a promising way to treat psychiatric disorders, may improve outcomes in psychotherapy, and deserve further research.
Why miss a single issue of the Journal of Counseling & Development when, in minutes, you can sign up for Table of Contents Alerts that are automatically delivered to your inbox when new issues are published online? Sign Up for JCD Content Alerts in 3 Easy Steps:
- If you are not already a registered user in the Wiley Online Library, create a free profile by setting up your login at wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/jcad. Click on the “Log in/Register” link in the upper right-hand corner and follow the instructions.
- Once registered, select "Get New Content Alerts" under the Journal Tools bar on the left-hand side menu on the JCD journal home page.
- Submit your preferences and you are done. You will now receive an e-mail when each new issue of JCD publishes so you can stay up-to-date with the latest counseling research and practice.
CDQ is the official journal of the National Career Development Association (NCDA). The purpose of CDQ is to foster career development through the design and use of career interventions and to publish articles on career counseling, individual and organizational career development, work and leisure, career education, career coaching, and career management. CDQ is the preeminent journal for career counseling and career development in the world.
CDQ is published quarterly in March, June, September, and December. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $303 institutional (online only) or $378 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current NCDA members receive complimentary online access.
CDQ Editorial Office
Mei Tang, CDQ Editor
School of Human Services/CECH
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221
CDQ Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines CDQ
Counselor Education and Supervision (CES)
CES is the official publication of the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), a member association of ACA. CES is dedicated to publishing manuscripts concerned with research, theory development, or program applications related to counselor education and supervision. It is concerned with the preparation and supervision of counselors; in agencies or school settings; in colleges and universities, or at local, state, or federal levels.
CES is published quarterly in March, June, September, and December. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $303 institutional (online only) or $378 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current ACES members receive complimentary online access.
CES Editorial Office
Spencer G. Niles, CES Editor
School of Education
The College of William & Mary
PO Box 8795, Suite 112
Williamsburg, VA 23187
CES Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines CES
Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling (JAOC)
JAOC is the official journal of the International Association of Addictions and Offender Counselors (IAAOC), a member association of ACA. JAOC contains articles of interest to professionals in the field of addictions and offender counseling and focuses on descriptions of prevention and treatment programs, theoretical and philosophical rationales for programs with juvenile and adult offenders, and descriptions of research conducted on rehabilitation programs with offenders and public offender counselors. It is also open to literature focusing on the attitudes and behaviors of addictions and offender counselors.
JAOC is published twice per year in April and October. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $154 institutional (online only) or $193 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current IAAOC members receive complimentary online access.
JAOC Editorial Office
John M. Laux, JAOC Editor
The University of Toledo
College of Health and Human Services
2801 West Bancroft Street, MS 119
Toledo, OH 43606
JAOC Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines JAOC
JEC is the official journal of the National Employment Counseling Association (NECA), a member association of ACA. The journal publishes articles illuminating theory or practice in employment counseling, reporting professional experimentation or research, or exploring current client vocational problems or the professional concerns of counselors.
JEC is published quarterly in March, June, September, and December. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $228 institutional (online only) or $285 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current NECA members receive complimentary print or online access.
JEC Editorial Office
Rebecca Michel, JEC Editor
College of Education
School of Education and Human Development
2247 North Halsted, Office #241
Chicago, IL 60614
JEC Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines JEC
JHC is the official journal of the Association of Humanistic Counseling (AHC), a member association of ACA. This journal focuses on humanistic counseling and development and asserts that humanity is responsible for its own destiny. Research and critical reviews emphasize innovative programs and practices to promote tolerance, nurture diversity, and uphold human rights.
JHC is published three times per year in April, July, and October. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $154 institutional (online only) or $193 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current AHC members receive complimentary online access.
JHC Editorial Office
Linwood G. Vereen, JHC Editor
College of Education
Oregon State University
200 SW 15th Street, Joyce Collin Furman Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
JHC Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines JHC
JMCD is the official journal of the Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD), a member association of ACA. JMCD is concerned with research, theory, or program applications pertinent to multicultural and ethnic minority interests in all areas of counseling and human development.
JMCD is published quarterly in January, April, July, and October. The 2021–2022 subscription rate for nonmembers is $305 institutional (online only) or $382 institutional (online) for 1 year. Current AMCD members receive complimentary online access.
JMCD Editorial office
Carla Adkison-Johnson, JMCD Editor
Western Michigan University
Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology
1903 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5226
JMCD Manuscript Submissions | Author Guidelines JMCD
Call for papers in the Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development Special Issue!
Topic: Addressing the Black Male Experience Through Solutions in Multiple Contexts: Clinical, Community, and School Settings
Submissions Due: December 2, 2022
For full submission details, click here .
The following ACA journals are also pblished by ACA member divisions:
- Adultspan Journal (AADA)
- Counseling and Values (ASERVIC)
- Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation (AARC)
- The Family Journal (IAMFC)
- Journal of Child and Adolescent Counseling (ACAC)
- Journal of Creativity in Mental Health (ACC)
- Journal of College Counseling (ACCA)
- Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling (ALGBTIC)
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling (AMHCA)
- Journal of Military and Government Counseling (MGCA)
- Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology (CSJ)
- Journal for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (AARC)
- Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin (ARCA)
Please visit individual division websites for more information on article submission and subscription information.
For all current journal submissions, prospective authors should prepare manuscripts according to the 2020 Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA; 7th ed.). Additional guidelines can be found by following the link to the specific journal.
Figures in ACA Journals
Authors bear full responsibility for the accuracy and content of their artwork. See the APA Publication Manual (7th ed.) pp. 225–250 for detailed formatting and style requirements for any artwork. All figures should be submitted at the approximate size they will appear in the journal. A final copy of figure(s) should be submitted with your final manuscript to the journal field editor as specified in each of the above journal guidelines.
Checklist of artwork requirements:
- Any text within the figure should be a minimum of 8 points in size for legibility.
- Artwork should be black only. The use of color in your figure is not acceptable because it will not reproduce. To distinguish different elements in your artwork, use alternate patterns or clearly distinguishable lines (i.e., alternate cross hatching within bar graphs or solid and dashed lines).
- Keep the use of any shading within the artwork to a minimum and do not place type over shaded areas because it will not be legible.
- All abbreviations and symbols must be explained in a figure legend or caption (see APA Publication Manual, p. 229). Figure captions are to be supplied on a separate page from the artwork.
- ACA requires electronic artwork to be at a minimum resolution of 600 dots per inch (dpi) up to 1200 dpi. Halftone line screens should be a minimum of 300 dpi. JPEG or PDF files are preferred. Do not embed artwork within your manuscript, but rather insert a figure callout in text and attach artwork as a separate file with your electronic submission.
- Figure file(s) should be appropriately labeled with author name and/or brief article title for easy identification. (e.g., Smith Counseling Teens Figure 1)