- Previous experience as the editor of a refereed counseling journal with high-quality scholarship
- A significant record of peer-reviewed and impactful scholarly publications
- Membership in ACA, commitment to the association’s mission, and a history of involvement in and contribution to ACA through its divisions, organizational affiliates, branches, governing bodies or committees
- A record of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in article topic coverage, author recruitment and board member selection
- An understanding of the importance of open access (OA) articles to the financial health of the journal and the need to address OA publication barriers
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Familiarity with ScholarOne or a similar article workflow management software
- Proposal outlining a strategic vision and key qualifications for leading and managing the journal
- Complete list of publications and copies of the candidate’s three most significant journal articles
- Statement of commitment to DEI that outlines past and present contributions to promoting DEI in academic and professional endeavors
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement from the candidate’s university/employer describing financial and editorial support for the appointment
- Conflict of interest disclosure statement
Term and Budget
The appointment is for a 3-year term beginning July 1, 2025, with the possibility for reappointment for a second 3-year term. The successful candidate will begin serving as editor-elect July 1, 2024. The JCD editor receives a $1,000 monthly stipend
for editorial services, and the journal has an annual budget of $38,000 for editorial office expenses.
Deadline, Submission and Approval Process
All applications must be received no later than January 31, 2024. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Send application and any questions to: email@example.com.
The ACA Publications Committee will screen all candidates and present its top nominees, in ranked preference, to the ACA Governing Council for approval at the ACA Annual Conference & Expo in New Orleans, April 11–14, 2024.