As advocates of the emotional needs of all people, along with our commitment to social justice, ACA stands with people and organizations of conscience around the world in condemning the ongoing, unprovoked Russian incursion into Ukraine.
As advocates of the emotional needs of all people, along with our commitment to social justice, ACA stands with people and organizations of conscience around the world in condemning the ongoing, unprovoked Russian incursion into Ukraine. This invasion has already resulted in the loss of innocent lives and uprooted hundreds of thousands of innocent Ukrainians from their homes.
The fortitude of the Ukrainian people is to be admired, given the adversity that they face. As this conflict continues, the consequences loom large for Ukrainian children, adults and families, who have experienced post-Soviet independence for three decades as a fledgling democracy. Despite the voices and images of resilience, this highly volatile situation, and its unpredictable consequences, has the potential for long-term damage to the mental health of those who call Ukraine their home.
As we continue to hope for peace, we urge our members to consider supporting the following organizations that are asking for assistance to help alleviate a growing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine:
- UNICEF supports health, nutrition, safe drinking water, sanitation and protection for children and families caught in the conflict in Ukraine.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders
- MSF is conducting a range of activities in Ukraine to help people travel to health care facilities and access prescribed medications.
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- The Switzerland-based international organization seeks to help people affected by the conflict and support the work of the Ukrainian Red Cross.
- Save the Children
- The London-based organization helps deliver essential humanitarian aid to vulnerable children in Ukraine and worldwide.
- UN Refugee Agency
- The international organization provides emergency assistance to families in Ukraine, including cash assistance and opportunities for resettlement.
- Voices of Children
- The charitable foundation of this organization is helping to provide psychological and psychosocial support to children affected by the Ukrainian conflict.
- United Help Ukraine
- They are focused on organizing fundraisers to benefit people in Ukraine affected by the war conditions and raising awareness about the war.
With hopes for a peaceful resolution to this latest conflict,
The ACA Governing Council and Staff