Counselors are helping clients cope with the trauma resulting from racism, stress, and COVID-19 while also dealing with their personal and professional well-being.
On Thursday, September 17, 2020, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, the American Counseling Association will hold space for counselors to:
- Share their concerns, grief, and struggle to maintain
- Hear from others and grow in solidarity
- Experience expert panelists sharing advice, self-care practices, and encouragement for this unprecedented time
- Dr. Beverly O’Bryant
- Dr. Courtland Lee
- Dr. Gerald Corey
- Dr. Ebony White
- Dr. Mark Scholl
- Dr. Anneliese Singh
- Dr. Selma Yznaga
- Dr. Sue Pressman will open.
- Dr. S. Kent Butler will facilitate.
The presentation will last two hours and include reflections and responses from panelists and include time for sharing, comments, and questions.
It is our hope that counselors learn how to stay empowered to do their work and that they are supported in their exhaustion and grief. Join Us: