2011 Learning Institutes Submission Information
March 23-24, 2011
Submission Deadline: June 2, 2010, 5:00 pm ET
- The Primary Presenter must be an expert in the field in which the proposal is submitted
- The Primary Presenter must be an ACA member in good standing
- The Primary Presenter is the contact person and is responsible for notifying all other presenters of acceptance, rejection, scheduling and any other information provided by ACA
- A Primary Presenter may be listed on no more than one Learning Institute; however, a Co-presenter can be listed on up to two Learning Institutes
Each accepted Learning Institute session will receive one (1) complimentary 2011 Conference Registration.
- Attendees have many programs to select from and often choose those that have well written descriptions
- Prepare your proposal in a word document, and use the grammar/spell check before copying and pasting into the online form.
- ACA is actively seeking advanced programs that provide in-depth knowledge or skills beyond the introductory or basic level.
- Save and print a copy of your submission for your reference and records
Grounds for Disqualification:
- Do not submit the same proposal under different formats (i.e. submission as a Daytime Session and the same as an Evening Session)
- Do not submit the same proposal as an Learning Institute and again as an Education Session
How will my proposal be reviewed?
- Proposals are not blind reviewed; ACA is looking to recognize experts in the field
- A committee of professional counselors representing all divisions, organizational affiliates and regions will review proposals
- Proposals will be rated using the below rubric and criteria
1 = Very Poor
2 = Poor
4 = Fair
6 = Good
8 = Very Good
10 = Outstanding
Proposal Review Criteria
1. Proposal Preparation:
a) Writing style (grammar/spelling/punctuation)
b) Organization and clarity
2. Relevance to needs and goals of the counseling profession
3. Program conceptualization, including:
a) appropriate rational
b) clearly stated learning outcomes
c) well developed program format to assure accomplishment of program objective
4. Innovative and cutting edge or proven and effective practices
5. Consideration of cultural diversity and ethics
6. Actively engages audience
7. Qualification and expertise of the presenter(s) substantive area to be covered in the presentation
Technical support from Precis Abstract Management is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. eastern time at 1-866-273-8855 ext. 2.
For questions regarding the proposal process of a non-technical nature, please contact Debbie Beales at email@example.com or 800-347-6647, ext. 306.
Checklist Link: http://precis.preciscentral.com/Submit/Checklist.asp?EventID=39461a19
Submitter Link: http://precis.preciscentral.com/User/UserLogin.asp?EventID=39461a19