In these times where it seems like everyone is struggling to maintain a sense of normalcy, the Biden administration introduced the American Jobs Plan, which could potentially make life easier for millions of Americans.
The American Jobs Plan consists principally of one-time capital investments in our nation’s productivity and long-term growth that will create millions of jobs and rebuild our country’s infrastructure. The plan targets 40 percent of the benefits of climate and clean infrastructure investments to disadvantaged communities, as well as invests in rural communities and communities impacted by the transition to clean energy. Specifically, President Biden’s plan will:
- Fix highways, rebuild bridges, upgrade ports, airports, and transit systems.
- Deliver clean drinking water, a renewed electric grid, and high-speed broadband to all Americans.
- Build, preserve and retrofit more than two million homes and commercial buildings, modernize our nation’s schools and childcare facilities and upgrade veterans’ hospitals and federal buildings.
- Solidify the infrastructure of our care economy by creating jobs and raising wages and benefits for essential home care workers.
- Revitalize manufacturing, secure U.S. supply chains, invest in R&D and train Americans for the jobs of the future.
- Create good-quality jobs that pay prevailing wages in safe and healthy workplaces while ensuring workers have a free and fair choice to organize, join a union, and bargain collectively with their employers.
- Invest in reliable passenger and freight rail service.
We will continue to keep you updated on all policy initiatives that come from the Biden administration. If you would like to become involved in ACA’s advocacy efforts, you can contact the Government Affairs and Public Policy department at email@example.com