The Biden-Harris Administration has reached day 75 of the Administration’s first 100 Days. The American Counseling Association (ACA) has made a commitment to our members and counselors everywhere to keep you updated on the progress of this Administration and the policies that have been implemented that are important to the counseling profession.
ACA continues to watch the progress of this Administration with a keen eye, and purposeful approach that will allow ACA to effectively advocate for the needs of counselors and the clients you serve. We will always make ourselves available to this Administration and Congress to provide expert advice relating to the counseling profession.
Biden-Harris actions during the 3rd quarter of the first 100 Days:
- American Rescue Plan (ARP): ARP was signed into law on March 11th. The Administration issued a fact sheet to clearly explain how ARP will benefit citizens.
- American Jobs Plan: The Administration proposed a multi-trillion-dollar plan that will provide funding for infrastructure, clean energy, research and development and the caregiving economy.
- Paycheck Protection Plan – PPP Extension Act of 2021: H.R. 1799 signed into law.
- Vaccination Efforts – Strengthening and Amplifying Vaccinations Efforts for Veterans: H.R. 1276 signed into law.
- White House Gender Policy and Native Affairs for the Domestic Policy Council Offices issued a Commitment to Preventing and Responding to Gender-Based Violence.
- Response to Anti-Asian Violence: President Biden announced additional actions to respond to violence, xenophobia, and bias.
- Presidential Climate Summit scheduled for April 22nd and 23rd.
- Dawn Myers O’Connell nomination is sent to Congress. If confirmed, O’Connell will be the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response in the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Proclamation on National Public Health Week 2021.
- Proclamation on Days of Remembrance of Victims of the Holocaust 2021.
- Proclamation on World Autism Awareness Day 2021.
- Proclamation on Month of the Military Child 2021.
- Proclamation on Second Chance Month 2021.
- Proclamation on National Child Abuse Prevention Month 2021.
- Proclamation on National Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month 2021.
- Proclamation on National Equal Pay Day 2021.
- Proclamation on Transgender Day of Visibility 2021.
- Proclamation on National Financial Capability Month 2021.
The first 75 days of the Administration continues to show promise for the nation and the counseling profession. The coronavirus pandemic remains the primary focus. However, the Administration has clearly committed to improving the nation’s health care systems, schools, race relations and infrastructure among many other policy issues. ACA will continue to monitor policy actions of the Administration and we look forward to working with the White House on issues that are important to ACA membership.
We encourage you to communicate your concerns and offer your expertise to the White House. Also, sign up for the American Counseling Association’s Action Alerts to stay involved and take actions that support the counseling profession. Your voice makes a difference.
Look out for the final blog of this four-part series in May 2021. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Government Affairs and Public Policy team at email@example.com.
*Please note ACA has only focused on issues that were incorporated into the 2021 legislative agenda for the association. For more information, please visit the White House official website. ACA does not endorse any candidate or elected official. We do however focus on the policy issues that affect our members and the client’s membership serves.