Healthcare Providers Service Organization
HPSO offers ACA members a suite of insurance products designed to protect employed ACA professionals, independent private practitioners, and solo or group counseling practice owners.
ACA-Endorsed Counselors Professional Liability Program
ACA partnered with HPSO in 2003 to provide comprehensive, affordable malpractice insurance coverage to its members.
- Individual ACA professionals with a premium of $100 or more are eligible for a 10% ACA membership discount*
- Individually insured professionals may be eligible for an additional 10% risk management discount
- New graduates are eligible for 60% off their first year of coverage, 40% the second year of practice, and 20% the third year**
- Student ACA members enrolled in a master’s level counseling program receive their professional liability insurance coverage compliments of ACA
- Part-time insureds, retirees, and those on a leave of absence or sabbatical receive a 50% discount
Industry Leading Counselor Risk Education
HPSO is committed to providing counselors with risk education tools designed to lower their risk of a lawsuit or licensing board complaint while improving client outcomes. Explore HPSO’s legal case studies, webinars, articles, Counselor Liability Claim Report, and more!
Providing professional liability to 3 out of 4 professional ACA members
www.hpso.com │ 800.982.9491
Professional Liability rates may vary by state.
*Private practice owners and individuals who own their own practice do not qualify for the ACA membership discount or risk management discount.
**Must apply within 12 months of graduation to receive 3-year New Graduate Discount. Discount does not apply to new or existing policyholders who have graduated over 12 months ago. Three-year discount does not apply in all states.