Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award
Background and Purpose
The Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award honors outstanding service by an ACA member at the local, state or national level in addressing the issues of the counseling profession and in stimulating future service to promote the well-being of the counseling profession.
Deadline: Monday, Dec. 10, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
Judges: ACA Awards Committee
Prize: Complimentary ACA Conference & Expo registration (travel and lodging not included). Recognition and presentation of the award at the Conference.
Eligibility, Rules and Requirements
For this award, service is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benefiting or giving assistance to the profession without need for personal gain. The individual’s service must:
- Be of a nature that promotes the profession.
- Have widespread and general effects, rather than being limited in scope.
- Be concerned primarily with the counseling profession.
- Relate to the areas of interest of one or more ACA division or organizational affiliate.
- Nominations must come from an ACA member.
- The awardee must be an ACA member.
- An individual can only be nominated for one award per year.
In your nomination submission, briefly:
- Describe some examples of the nominee’s service at local, state or national levels to promote the counseling profession and the effects of this service.
- Explain how these actions relate to areas of interest to the counseling profession in general or to one or more ACA division or organizational affiliate.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
**NOTE: If this is the first time you have submitted a nomination, you must create an account. The email and password for the awards submission system may or may NOT be the same as your ACA website email and password. They are different systems, and are not linked.
Submissions must be received by Monday, Dec. 10, 2018, 11:59 PM EST.
Send questions about eligibility criteria or other parts of the application process HERE
Supported and sponsored by the American Counseling Association Foundation.