ACA RESEARCH AWARD
Background and Purpose
The ACA Research Award honors and recognizes high-quality, original research conducted by an ACA member (or an ACA member and other colleagues working in collaboration) in areas of interest to the counseling profession and the divisions or organizational affiliates of ACA. For the purpose of this award, research involves systematic inquiry or investigation using quantitative or qualitative techniques that result in usable findings and recommendations for the field.
Deadline: Monday, Dec. 10, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
Judges: ACA Awards Committee
Prize: Complimentary ACA Conference & Expo registration (travel and lodging not included). Recognition and presentation of the award at the Conference.
In your nomination submission, briefly:
- Clearly state the purpose of the study, which must be an original, systematic inquiry to discover facts or principles.
- Briefly describe how the findings of the research are important for the counseling profession and identify one or more ACA divisions or affiliates to which this research is relevant.
- Include one copy of the research article, including the publication date.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
- Research Overview (including one copy of the research article)
**NOTE: If this is the first time you have submitted a nomination, you must create an account. The email and password for the awards submission system may or may NOT be the same as your ACA website email and password. They are different systems, and are not linked.
Submissions must be received by Monday, Dec. 10, 2018, 11:59 PM EST.
Supported and sponsored by the American Counseling Association Foundation.
Send questions about eligibility criteria or other parts of the application process HERE