These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found by clicking here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT063 - Imago Relationship Therapy
Susan Hammonds-White, EdD, LPC/MHSP
Podcast transcript available by clicking here.
The presenter discusses the theoretical underpinnings of Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT). She explores IRT couple counseling and various power struggles between the couple dyad. She presents various tactics and strategies to use as an Imago Therapist. Further, she discusses the training necessary to become an Imago Relationship Therapist.
Susan Hammonds-White, EdD, LPC/MHSP, received her doctorate from Vanderbilt University’s Human Development Counseling program. She has been in private practice in Nashville since 1989. She is a Certified Imago Relationship therapist, focusing on helping couples rediscover the joy of their relationship, and she is a level II certified EMDR therapist, with focus on childhood trauma. She also works with issues of disordered eating with focus on body acceptance and intuitive eating. She is the current president of the American Association of State Counseling Boards, and she is president of the Tennessee Health-Related Board for Professional Counselors.
Among other questions, Rebecca Daniel-Burke will ask:
- What is Imago Relationship Therapy? Who started it and when?
- What is the developmental journey that all relationships take and what can couples do when their relationship hits the “wall” of the power struggle?
- Describe the concept of an Imago.
- What makes IRT different from other kinds of couples therapy?
- What is the goal of IRT?
- Describe some of the important concepts used in IRT; for example such things as
- Caring behaviors
- Relationship Vision
- Couples dialogue
- Talk about the brain and IRT? What does it mean to have a “flipped lid”?
- Talk about the importance of intentionality in IRT.
- What about sex?
- What are the three things that couples can do to keep their relationship strong?
Running Time: 55:15 minutes