These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting our Professional Development Center
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT030 – Integrated Care: Applying Theory to Practice
Dr. Russ Curtiss and Eric Christian
Speakers: Dr. Russ Curtis is an LPC and associate professor of counseling at Western Carolina University; where he serves as coordinator of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program. For the past 10 years, Dr. Curtiss has helped to establish intern sites for students in integrated care practices throughout western North Carolina. Eric Christian is an LPC, a national certified counselor, and has been working as an integrated care coordinator for the past five years promoting the systemic spread of behavioral health integration into primary care settings.
They are editors of the book: Integrated Care: Applying Theory to Practice
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- What is integrated care (IC)?
- Why is integrated care important?
- How is integrated care different from integrative care?
- How did you become interested in integrated care?
- How would you address the argument that IC is based upon the medical model and is therefore contrary to counseling’s humanistic underpinnings?
- Why use the term behavioral health provider (BHP) in your text instead of counselor?
- What are the different models of IC?
- What do counseling interns do when working in IC practices?
- Are there any differences in clientele seen in IC practices versus specialty mental health?
- What do counselors-in-training need to know to be trained in IC?
- How is training to become an effective IC counselor similar to the training needed to be an effective school counselor?
- What are the skill-sets from traditional school-counseling and clinical mental health counseling graduate programs needed by the behavioral health provider (BHP) working in the primary care medical setting?
Running Time: 47:50
Date Recorded: 8/1/12
Email speakers: Russ Curtis email@example.com; Eric Christian firstname.lastname@example.org
Email host: Rebecca Daniel-Burke at RBurke@counseling.org
Buy the book