These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found by clicking here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT026 – Reflecting As If (RAI): Adler and Constructivists Unite
Dr. Richard E. Watts
Speaker: Richard E. Watts, Ph.D., LPC-S is the Distinguished Professor and Director of the Center for Research and Doctoral Studies in Counselor Education, Department of Educational Leadership & Counseling at Sam Houston State University. He is also a Diplomate in Adlerian Psychology, North American Society for Adlerian Psychology; Editor, Counseling and Values, Journal of the Association for Spiritual, Ethical, & Religious Values in Counseling; Fellow of the American Counseling Association; and President-elect, North American Society for Adlerian Psychology. Dr. Watts is the author of over 115 scholarly publications including 86 journal articles and book chapters and 5 books.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- Before you discuss it in detail, can you give me a brief definition of RAI?
- What are the theoretical foundations of RAI?
- What was the process by which you came up with the RAI procedure?
- Can you explain for listeners the specific steps for using RAI with a client?
- What do you do if a client has difficulty coming up with “as if” behaviors for the list?
- What other applications of RAI have you developed?
- Could you share a brief case study discussing how RAI might work with clients?
- How does RAI fit within the evidence based climate so common in today's counseling?
- Where can listeners go to read more about Reflecting As If?
Running time: 52:25
Date Recorded: 6/28/2011