Virtual Hill Day
The 2021 American Counseling Association (ACA) Virtual Hill Day will kick off with a briefing on Monday, June 7, 2021, which will include:
- comprehensive training that will focus on advocacy in support of the counseling profession
- an overview of the Medicare Access Improvement Act
- tips on conducting a successful Congressional meeting
Beginning on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, ACA will provide an opportunity for ACA members and leaders to meet with their representatives in Congress and advocate for the profession. ACA recognizes the importance of congressional leaders hearing directly from their constituents on critical issues that affect the counseling community.
NOTE: ACA members who attend the briefing can receive a CE credit.
- Participants have until August 31, 2021 to complete the evaluation and claim CE credit.
- CE certificates, for 0.50 CE hours (NBCC only), will be processed and emailed to participants within two weeks after receipt of the evaluation.
- Please use this evaluation link to claim your CE credit
2021 Virtual Hill Day
- Monday, June 7, 2021 – Briefing (1:00 PM – 3:30 PM)
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021 – Volunteer Leadership Virtual Hill Meetings
Please Note: Member-generated Virtual Hill meetings will take place throughout the month of June to early July.
Working Agenda (all times are Eastern Standard Time)
1:00 PM – Welcome
1:15 PM – The Medicare Access Improvement Act: A New Plateau for the Counseling Community
1:50 PM – Raffle
1:55 PM to 2:05 PM – Break
2:05 PM to 2:30 PM – Chat with Congressional Staffers
2:30 PM to 3:30 PM – Government Affairs and Public Policy Team: Advocacy 101
- Post-meeting follow up with ACA
- Call to Action:
- Twitter Campaign
- ACA Action Alert