Tools & Resources to Share Your Story
How do you help others?
Social Media Share Images
Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | Instagram
Post with your story about how you help others using the hashtag #CounselorsHelp and the above sharable image.
Here are a few examples of what to include with your post:
SAMPLE 1: A counselor can help with individuals experiencing depression. I help clients explore ways to cope and manage their feelings, regain a sense of control and pleasure in life. #CounselorsHelp
SAMPLE 2: As a counselor, I help clients problem solve and change behavior patterns that may contribute to their symptoms. #CounselorsHelp
Test Your Knowledge: Instagram Stories Polls
Test your counseling knowledge during the first week of April, Monday (4/2) – Friday, (4/6). To enter this contest, simply take our interactive Instagram Stories polls on the official ACA Instagram page, throughout the month of April. For each poll you take, you will receive one entry for a chance to with a $100 e-gift certificate to the ACA store. Winner will be selected randomly and announced at the end of April.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
How Do You Help? - YouTube Video Competition
How are you – and your colleagues, or students – helping others? Throughout the month of April, we want to hear your story illustrated on video about your efforts. Here’s how to participate:
- Report on your service in a video about your activity.
- Post your video to YouTube using the hashtag #CounselorsHelp during the month of April. Don’t forget to add the hashtag to the TITLE of your video, or your video will not be recognized as part of the campaign. Your video and the many others published throughout the month will appear here.
- Share your video on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #CounselorsHelp with a message that includes “A counselor can help with… [action reported on in your video].
- You can include service days and activities from May 2017 – April 2018.
- Please keep your video between 30 seconds and 3 minutes.
- Videos will be evaluated on: number of views, originality and impact of service.
Prizes: ACA will share the top videos on ACA’s social media channels (and attribute them to you). In May, the winning video will be announced and the video will be uploaded to ACA’s YouTube page. Winner will receive one complementary registration to the ACA 2019 Conference & Expo (New Orleans, LA, May 27 - 29).
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
Share Your Story With the Media
Get media attention for your work and the work of the counseling profession. Share your story about how you help others with your local media outlets. Find out how in our Tips for Getting Media Attention.
A counselor can help with... recovering from trauma
For Shame! The Neglected Emotion in PTSD
ACA Conference: Educational Session
Speakers: Dr. Thom A. Field
A counselor can help with… recovering from addiction
Substance Abuse/Disruptive Impulse Control/Conduct Disorder
ACA Conference: Webinars
Speakers: Shannon Karl PhD
A counselor can help with… the transition to civilian life after serving in the military
An Overview of Military Service Members and their Families: How Mental Health Professionals Can Best Serve this Population
ACA Conference: Webinars
Speaker: Odis McKinzie MA, NCC, ACS, LMHC (HI), LPC (VA), CSAT-Candidate