1. Counseling can be a lonely profession sometimes.
Wouldn’t it feel good to truly engage with other counseling professionals in education sessions, poster sessions, and roundtable sessions? And let loose at a FUN opening night celebration?
2. Connecting with like-minded friends and colleagues is so good for you!
We don’t have to tell you how important it is to have strong social ties, do we? Your professional community provides that too! How’s this for social ties?
3. San Francisco is truly one-of-a-kind.
From its iconic tourist attractions to its unique, vibrant neighborhoods, San Francisco is a city that everyone should see at least once.
4. And the food is out of this world.
Cioppino, sourdough bread, dungeness crabs, Mission burritos… the list goes on and on. Don’t worry, you’ll be doing a lot of walking to burn off those calories!
5. Everyone needs a break from the stress of daily life.
Let’s face it, your job can get pretty heavy. That’s why you need to book your travel now and schedule some quality “you” time.
6. You WILL learn new skills.
7. And come home with tons of new ideas.
8. You’ll be challenged to step out of your comfort zone.
We don’t have to tell you that counselors like to discuss and collaborate. This isn’t a wall flower crowd. You will have real interactions with real results. (Don’t worry first-timers, we’ll make sure you’re ready.)
9. And we’re pretty sure you’re going to fall in love with counseling all over again.
I mean, how could you not? These life-affirming experiences don’t happen every day. Remind yourself why you started down this path in the first place. Oh, and did we mention the opening keynote speaker is Yalom?
10. You totally deserve it.
Woo hoo! Conferences are about so much more than learning. Going to a cool city, feeling that new vibe, discovering new treasures and treats… it’s invigorating!