Whether it's for license or certificate renewal, career development, or to increase job opportunities, the need for continuing education is a very real demand every counseling professional face. Presented by experts in a variety of subject areas, professional counselors can learn from the best at the 2021 ACA Virtual Conference Experience (VCE).
Registrants of the VCE can earn 1.0 continuing education (CE) contact hour for each hour of attendance at select education sessions. Each session listing will clearly identify the credit amounts approved by the following organizations:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- NAADAC: The Association for Addiction Professionals
- New York State Education Department’s Board for Mental Health Practitioners
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine if his or her licensing board will accept these CEs.
You will not earn CE credit for attending or participating in the following activities during the VCE:
- Keynote Sessions
- Live Networking Quick Chats
- Discussion Topics
- The Breakroom
To Receive CE Credit During the 2021 ACA Virtual Conference Experience:
- Register for the VCE
- Log in to the Virtual Conference Experience and use your ACA username and password
- Once on the VCE platform and after you have completed a session, click the button “Take Session Evaluation.” Complete the evaluation and click “Submit Questionnaire.” Do this for each session you attend. You must complete a session evaluation for each session you attend during conference.
- After you have evaluated all sessions attended throughout April 5-30, 2021, click the “Download Certificate” button on the left navigation to view, download, and print your Conference CE Certificate.
- Registrants will receive one CE certificate for all sessions attended during the VCE — April 5-30, 2021.
Deadline: Registrants must complete session evaluations for each session attended by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2021, for those CE hours to be reflected on the ACA Virtual Conference Experience CE Certificate.
Virtual Conference Experience registrants will have access to all sessions on-demand between May 1-31, 2021. To receive CE credit for these sessions:
Attendees must complete a session test for each on-demand session attended post-conference.
- Log in to education.counseling.org using your ACA username and password
Following completion of each on-demand session, click "Session Post-Test" under the session you attended, complete the test, and click "Submit." Do this for each session you attended.
After you have completed the tests for the sessions you’ve viewed, click "Download Certificate" on the left navigation to view, download, and print your CE Certificates.
Registrants will receive one CE certificate for each on-demand 2021 ACA Virtual Conference session attended during May 1-31, 2021.
Deadline: Session Post-Tests must be completed by May 31, 2021 in order to receive CE credit.
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
American Counseling Association (ACA) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.1000. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. ACA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.