Background and Purpose
Dr. Robert H. Rencken, in addition to being a vital contributor to ACA, served as president of the Arizona Counseling Association and executive director of the Arizona Counseling Association for 14 years. He played a pivotal role in the creation of both the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) and the state division of AMHCA in Arizona and devoted much of his career to the advancement of counselor credentialing at the state and national levels.
Created in 2006, the Robert H. Rencken Emerging Professional Leader Award recognizes an ACA member who has demonstrated the potential to become a dedicated leader of the counseling profession in future years.
Criteria and Requirements
Nominees must have:
- Been an ACA state branch or state division president.
- Held at least one—but no more than three—national ACA, division, or region offices, board or committee chair positions.
- Been a member of ACA for at least three years.
- Shown ability as a new leader in the counseling profession.
- A Master’s degree in counseling or a closely related profession.
In your nomination submission, briefly:
- Describe some examples of the nominee’s association leadership at local, state, or national levels.
- Explain how this leadership relates to the advancement of the counseling profession in general or to one or more ACA division or organizational affiliate.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
Submit your nomination(s) online by Nov. 12, 2017.
Create a new log in and submit your nomination(s).
Robert H. Rencken Emerging Professional Leader Award Instructions (PDF)
National Awards General Instructions (PDF)