Background and Purpose
The Glen E. Hubele National Graduate Student Award recognizes outstanding scholarship by an ACA student member. Initial funding for the award was donated by Mrs. Cicely D. Hubele in honor of her son, Glen E. Hubele, who was a professor of educational psychology and guidance at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois. The award includes an honorarium of $450.
Criteria and Requirements
To be eligible, the nominee must:
- Be a student pursuing a graduate degree in counseling at any time during the period of Jan. 1, 2017, to Dec. 31, 2017.
- Be nearing completion of an accepted thesis, dissertation, or original manuscript on issues related to the counseling profession.
- Include a two-page summary of the thesis, dissertation, or original manuscript.
- Include a letter from the advisor of the thesis, dissertation, or manuscript indicating the time line for completion, quality of the research, status of the project, and degree of contribution to the counseling profession.
Students may submit nominations on their own behalf or have their work submitted by a colleague or professor.
Nomination submissions will be evaluated on the basis of the relevance and importance of the issue studied to the counseling profession, quality of scholarship, originality, applicability of findings or results, and adherence to proper style and source citation requirements.
In your nomination submission, briefly:
- Clearly indicate that the nominee is an enrolled candidate for a graduate degree in counseling at any time during the period of Jan. 1, 2017, to Dec. 31, 2017.
- Explain why the research is of interest and importance to the counseling profession.
- Include a two-page summary of the thesis, dissertation, or original manuscript that demonstrates the scholarship of the nominee. Please indicate if the manuscript has been submitted and/or accepted for publication.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
Submit your nomination(s) online by Nov. 12, 2017.
Create a new log in and submit your nomination(s).
Glen E. Hubele National Graduate Student Award Instructions (PDF)
National Awards General Instructions (PDF)