Background and Purpose
The Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award honors outstanding service by an ACA member at the local, state, or national level in addressing the issues of the counseling profession and in stimulating future service to promote the well-being of the counseling profession.
Criteria and Requirements
Service is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benefiting or giving assistance to the profession without need for personal gain. The individual’s service must:
- Be of a nature that promotes the profession.
- Have widespread and general effects, rather than being limited in scope.
- Be concerned primarily with the counseling profession.
- Relate to the areas of interest of one or more ACA division or organizational affiliate.
In your nomination submission, briefly:
- Describe some examples of the nominee’s service at local, state, or national levels to promote the counseling profession and the effects of this service.
- Explain how these actions relate to areas of interest to the counseling profession in general or one or more ACA division or organizational affiliate.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
Submit your nomination(s) online by Nov. 12, 2017.
Create a new log in and submit your nomination(s).
Arthur Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award Instructions (PDF)
National Awards General Instructions (PDF)