Background and Purpose
The ACA Counselor Educator Advocacy Award recognizes a counselor educator for work in fostering an awareness of, and expertise in, advocacy among counseling students.
It is vital to the continued health and wellbeing of the counseling profession that its members become interested and engaged in advocacy and the policymaking process, and feel comfortable and effective in doing so. Nominations for this award will be assessed by members of the ACA Public Policy & Legislation Committee.
Criteria and Requirements
- Nominations must come from an ACA member.
- The nominee must be an ACA member.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of the nominee’s documented activities in fostering the development of legislative advocacy awareness, interest, knowledge, and skills among counseling graduate students.
Submit a nomination of not more than three pages in length (additional appendices and exhibits are welcome). In the nomination, briefly describe:
- the programs, activities, or accomplishments that qualify the nominee for this award.
- the influences the nominee’s efforts have had on her or his students or graduate program.
- Nominee Biography
- Nomination Letter
- Supporting Materials
- Maximum of two supporting letters
Submit your nomination(s) online by Nov. 12, 2017.
Create a new log in and submit your nomination(s).
ACA Counselor Educator Advocacy Award Instructions (PDF)
National Awards General Instructions (PDF)