- The Primary Presenter must be an ACA member in good standing (excludes invited programs)
- The primary presenter is the contact person and is responsible for notifying all other presenters of acceptance, rejection, scheduling and any other information provided by ACA
- A presenter (Primary or Co-Presenter) may be listed on no more than two ACA Education Sessions (excludes invited programs)
- All Presenters must register for conference by January 4, 2012
How many times is the same Presentation offered?
Each Education Session is presented one time during the Conference.
- Attendees have many programs to select from and often choose those that have well written descriptions
- Prepare your proposal in a word document, and use the grammar/spell check before copying and pasting into the online form.
- ACA is actively seeking advanced programs that provide in-depth knowledge or skills beyond the introductory or basic level.
- Save and print a copy of your submission for your reference and records.
Grounds for Disqualification:
- Do not submit the same proposal under different formats (i.e. submission as a 60-Minute Program and the same as a 30-Minute Project/Research Poster Session)
- Do not submit the same proposal as an Education Session and again as an Learning Institute
How will my proposal be reviewed?
- Proposals are blind reviewed
- A committee of professional counselors representing all divisions, organizational affiliates and regions will review proposals
- Proposals will be rated using the below rubric and criteria
1 = Very Poor, 2 = Poor, 4 = Fair, 6 = Good, 8 = Very Good, 10 = Outstanding
Proposal Review Criteria
- Writing style (grammar/spelling/punctuation/flow)
- Followed proposal instructions
- Organization and clarity
- Relevance to needs and goals of the counseling profession
Program conceptualization including:
- appropriate rational
- clearly stated learning outcomes
- well developed program format to assure accomplishment of program objective
- Consideration of cultural diversity and ethics
- Actively engages audience
- Innovative and cutting edge or proven and effective practices