4 Ways to Order
8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. (ET)
Send the following information to ACA, 5999 Stevenson Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304.
- Item order number
- Title of item
- ACA membership number (current membership required for discount price)
- Total amount including shipping & handling costs
- Make checks payable to “American Counseling Association” in U.S. funds.
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover accepted. Include type of credit card, account number, name as it appears on card, expiration date, CVC code, and amount of the purchase plus shipping and handling.
- Official institutional purchase orders accepted by mail or fax.
Shipping and Handling
- All orders are shipped via UPS and must include a street address. UPS will not deliver to PO Box numbers. APO, FPO, and PO Box number orders will be shipped via USPS.
- Shipping and Handling Fees. Please add $8.75 for shipping of the first book and $1.00 for each additional book up to 20 copies. For 21 books or more, please add $.50 for each additional book (e.g., 21 books = $28.25). For products being shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico please call member services (800-422-2648 x222/703-823-9800 x222) or e-mail (email@example.com) for shipping and handling cost. For shipments outside the U.S., actual shipping costs will apply and must be prepaid. Please request a proforma invoice. Payment of customs fees or taxes is the responsibility of the customer.
- Rush orders will be charged actual shipping cost plus an additional $10.00 rush fee.
- Please allow 2 weeks from receipt of order for delivery of domestic shipments. Allow additional time for delivery of international orders.
- 5. Institutions assuming shipping costs are subject to a $5.00 processing fee. Items must be shipped via UPS. Please provide shipper number.
Claims and Returns
- If your order is damaged, incomplete, or incorrect, call 800-422-2648 x380 within 15 days of receipt and have the packing slip on hand to track the order. Replacement products will be automatically shipped. Credit taken by booksellers will not be accepted without prior authorization from ACA.
- Requests to return merchandise must be sent in writing to ACA. Invoice number and account number for products being returned must appear on request to return.
- All products returned must be in salable condition.
- A packing slip or invoice must accompany all returned orders.
- All returns must reference order number obtained from ACA.
- Bookstores and distributors must return merchandise within 1 year of date of invoice. No returns accepted after 1 year. An order may be returned for a refund/credit, less a 25% restocking fee. Credits must be used within 1 year from date of issuance.
- Individual purchasers must return merchandise within 60 days of invoice date. A 25% restocking fee will be applied for returns totaling three or more of any one title.
- Postage and freight charges are paid by purchaser.
- Videotape, DVD, and CD returns are not permitted except in the case of damaged items. ACA will provide a replacement tape on return of damaged item.
- Items that are shrink-wrapped and/or sold in multiple quantities (e.g., ACA Code of Ethics) must be returned in full for a refund. Partial quantities will not be accepted.
- Authorized returns should be shipped to: ACA–Returns, 5999 Stevenson Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304-3300.
Questions pertaining to merchandise returns should be directed to ACA at 800-422-2648 x380 or 703-823-9800 x380. Any claims and returns not meeting the above guidelines will not be accepted. All shipping costs remain the responsibility of the purchaser. Claims for damaged goods should be filed with the shipper (e.g., UPS).
- Individuals or booksellers may deduct 25% from the list price for quantities of 10 or more of a single book.
- Returns on Quantity Discount Orders. If the number of books returned places the total order below 10 copies, the books will be charged at the regular price. A statement reflecting the adjusted balance due will be issued in lieu of a credit to the customer account.
- Distributors who wish to sell ACA titles on an ongoing basis should contact ACA Publications at 703-823-9800 x356 to discuss trade discounts for larger purchases.