Dates: March 21-23, 2009; Submission Deadline is June 2, 2008, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Education session dates: March 21-23, 2009
Submission Deadline is June 2, 2008, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The 2009 Annual Conference & Exposition will offer Education Sessions in the following formats:
- 90 Minute Sessions
- 60 Minute Sessions
- 30 Minute Project/Research Poster Sessions
New for the 2009 conference:
- ACA will be going to the next level and will be providing both LCD's and computers in presentation rooms (excludes 30 minute Poster Sessions). So the days of traveling with your laptop - and the hassles that comes with it- to an ACA conference are now over. You only need to bring your thumb drive!
- Education Sessions (excludes 30 minute Poster Sessions) will be recorded in high-quality digital audio. ACA is developing multimedia offerings that will allow attendees to experience the full conference even though they cannot attend all of the available sessions. This will allow individuals to review sessions they attended and also "attend" virtually the sessions they were unable to be present at because of scheduling conflicts. In addition, this allows ACA to deliver the conference sessions to many of our members that may not have the same fortune or financial capabilities as others to attend our annual conference, and this is also a wonderful way to reach our international members. Presenters put in significant time, energy, and expertise into developing their education sessions and our new recording initiative will allow your presentation to become a resource to the entire world of professional counseling.
- All presenters (excluding 30 minute Poster Sessions) will need to submit any PowerPoint presentations and handouts at least one month prior to Conference.
- ACA will have an online Presenter Resource Center available to 2009 presenters. The resource center is environmentally friendly and will offer a variety of benefits and information, including a critical dates page, ACA Conference templates for PowerPoint and handouts, an optional site for presenter picture(s) and bios, itinerary planners, and more!
Education sessions will be listed by level in the Program Guide. The two levels will be Introductory and Advanced.
Introductory - Participants should have some basic knowledge of the specific content area but do not need to have in-depth knowledge or skills; the education session will add to their basic knowledge of the topic.
Advanced - To benefit fully, participants should have substantial working knowledge or skills in the specific content area. Typically, they currently use that knowledge and skill in their jobs, and the education session will refine and expand their current expertise.
ACA is actively seeking advanced programs.
The Primary Presenter must be a current ACA member in good standing EXCEPT for invited addresses. The primary presenter is also the contact person and is responsible for notifying all other co-presenters of acceptance, rejection, scheduling and any other information provided by ACA. A presenter (Primary or Co-Presenter) may be listed on no more than two ACA Education Sessions. (Invited addresses are excluded.) A committee of professional counselors representing all divisions, organizational affiliates and regions using a blind review process will review proposals.
Please note: Attendees have many programs to select from and often choose those that have well written descriptions; therefore the writing style (grammar, spelling, punctuation, flow) of your proposal is an important aspect of the evaluation process - 30% of the total score. Please prepare your proposal in a word document, and use the grammar/spell check before copying and pasting into the online submission site.
Submission of this proposal is an acknowledgement that all proposal participants agree to: Be available to present the program on any given day of the conference at any given time; not charge a separate fee for attending the program; and not sell any products or services during the program. If your religious beliefs prevent you from presenting on a particular day, please let us know and we will make every attempt to honor it. All participants in accepted education session programs must register for the Conference. Call 800-347-6647, x222 for information on membership and registration options.
Online Submission Site Link:
Questions? Technical support from Content Management is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-711-1138 ext 241.
For questions regarding the proposal process of a non-technical nature, please contact Crystal Turner at email@example.com or 800-347-6647, ext. 229.