VISTAS Online is ACA’s digital collection of peer-reviewed articles authored by counselors, for counselors. VISTAS provides a contemporary perspective that informs practice and offers professional counselors from all settings a place to share knowledge, practices, and ideas about any aspect of counseling with other professional counselors. VISTAS adds value for established and new writers with a rigorous yet supportive review and editorial process, and through these efforts provides a practical and diverse resource base for counseling colleagues.
Top 10 Benefits of Participating in VISTAS
1. VISTAS provides professional counselors the opportunity to be included in ACA’s Knowledge Center.
2. VISTAS provides an opportunity to acquire a peer-reviewed/refereed publication for professional vitas.
3. VISTAS provides an excellent means for assuring that the knowledge and resources professional counselors have presented at a conference reach an audience far beyond those who were able to attend the program.
4. VISTAS can accommodate topics that may not “fit” in other publications; it can explore past and emerging counseling themes.
5. VISTAS provides counselors the opportunity to provide service to the field as both writers and/or reviewers.
6. VISTAS is a supportive environment that can help professional counselors who have important information to share, but who may be uncomfortable with writing.
7. VISTAS provides a very fast, quarterly turnaround time for disseminating the outcomes of research and experience to other counseling professionals.
8. VISTAS provides an ideal venue for counselor educators to introduce graduate students to the process of preparing and submitting articles for professional publication.
9. VISTAS is able to accommodate a variety of writing styles.
10. VISTAS is not limited by space, i.e., no need to select just a few papers on a given topic.