These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found by clicking here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT031 -- DSM-5 Revisions Discussed
Dr. Dayle Jones
Speaker: K. Dayle Jones, Ph.D., LMHC is Associate Professor and Coordinator of the Mental Health Counseling program at the University of Central Florida. She has 22 years of experience in the counseling profession and has been a counselor educator for 15 years. Jones is former chair of the ACA "DSM-5 Proposed Revisions Task Force" and former column editor for Counseling Today’s "Inside the DSM-5" series. She is coauthor of Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals and Introduction to the Profession of Counseling, has authored or coauthored numerous book chapters and refereed publications, and has made numerous professional presentations in the area of diagnosis and assessment in counseling and counselor education. Dayle Jones is a Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor. She is presently in Geneva working at the World Health Organization on the ICD-11.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks:
- What is the status of the DSM-5?
- Can you talk about the DSM-5 revision process?
- What changes can we expect in DSM-5? This answer will focus on overall changes to classification, removing the multi-axial system, and etc.
- Can you tell us about specific changes to diagnoses? This answer will focus on changes to particular disorders, such as Major Depression, ADHD, Autism, etc.
- How will these revisions impact counseling practice.
- What is the relationship between the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and DSM?
- All health professionals, including mental health professionals, will be required to utilize ICD-10 codes by October 2014. How will this affect the DSM-5?
- ACA has more than 52,000+ members, is there anything I have not asked you, that our members need to know?
Running Time: 38 minutes
Date Recorded: 1/29/12
Find on iTunes
Email speaker Dr. Dayle Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email host Rebecca Daniel-Burke at RBurke@counseling.org