These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found by clicking here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT024 – Cyberbullying: Recent Cases, What Counselors Need to Know
Dr. Sheri Bauman
Speaker: Dr. Sheri Bauman is an Associate Professor and Director of the School Counseling Masters Program at the University of Arizona. Prior to earning her doctorate in 1999, Dr. Bauman had worked in public schools for 30 years, 18 of those years as a School Counselor. She has written and peer-reviewed numerous scholarly journal articles. In 2007 she became editor of the Journal for Specialists in Group Work, and also in 2007 her book Current Topics for Helping Professionals was published. Today we are speaking with her about her recently published book Cyberbullying: What Counselors Need To Know.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- What is the definition of Cyberbullying?
- The media has covered several very tragic examples recently. Is there an epidemic of Cyberbullying?
- What are some of the unique characteristics of Cyberbullying? How does it differ from face-to-face bullying?
- Are there laws that relate to Cyberbullying?
- What resources are available to counselors who want to be better informed about this problem?
- What are researchers hoping to learn about this problem?
- What advice would you give to parents who want to protect their children against Cyberbullying?
- What approaches do you recommend for counselors who are working with individuals involved in Cyberbullying?
Running time: 58:00
Date Recorded: 10/13/2010
Sheri Bauman: email@example.com
Write to the Host: Rebecca Daniel-Burke firstname.lastname@example.org
To read more on Cyberbullying go to:
To purchase the book Cyberbullying: What Counselors Need To Know go to http://isgweb.counseling.org/ISGweb/Purchase/ProductDetail.aspx?Product_code=72900