These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT020 - Tough Kids, Cool Counseling
Dr. John Sommers-Flanagan
Speaker: Dr. John Sommers-Flanagan is a faculty member in the Department of Counselor Education at the University of Montana. He is also a Mental Health Consultant for the Trapper Creek Job Corps. He co-wrote Tough Kids, Cool Counseling, 2nd edition with Rita Sommers-Flanagan.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- Counseling children and adolescents is like Multicultural counseling? How so?
- Chapter one of your book mentions that you "do not advocate empirically supported treatments". Please explain.
- What are "rapid emotional change" techniques? How do they work?
- You "constructively critique" traditional suicide assessment. Please explain.
- How effective is medication v/s counseling for adolescents?
Running time: 61:04
Date Recorded: 6/15/10
Email the speaker
Email host Rebecca Daniel-Burke at RDanielBurke@counseling.org
Purchase the book