These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT014 – Existential Therapy
Dr. Gerald Corey
Speaker: DR. GERALD COREY received his EdD in counseling from the University of Southern California. He is Professor Emeritus at California State University at Fullerton where he was awarded Professor of the Year in 1991. He is a licensed psychologist, a nationally certified counselor, a fellow of the American Counseling Association and the Association for Specialists in Group Work. Dr. Corey is the author or co-author of numerous textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles. The American Counseling Association is proud to have Dr. Jerry Corey as a key-note speaker at our March 2010 conference in Pittsburgh.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- What is Existential Therapy?
- How are the existential themes of freedom, responsibility, and anxiety relevant for therapeutic practice?
- In what ways is the search for meaning a major contemporary challenge?
- How are the existential notions of death and meaning in life related?
- How can a practitioner use the existential approach as a foundation and then integrate other therapeutic approaches, such as cognitive behavior therapy?
- How does existential therapy have relevance for counseling from a multicultural perspective? What are some of the strengths of this approach in terms of working with diverse client populations?
- Does Existential Therapy have a place in brief therapy? How does Existential Therapy lend itself to Group Work?
Running time: 55:20
Date Recorded: 11/9/09
To write the host: RDanielBurke@counseling.org
Books co-authored by Gerald Corey:
ACA Ethical Standards Casebook, Sixth Edition
Boundary Issues in Counseling, Second Edition
More Corey Books being published in February of 2010:
Clinical Supervision in the Helping Professions: A Practical Guide (2nd ed) with Robert Haynes, Patrice Moulton, and Michelle Muratori.
Creating Your Professional Path: Lessons From My Journey