These podcasts—prerecorded interviews posted on the ACA website—can be downloaded to your computer so that you can listen to them at your convenience while at home or work. They also can be added to your iPod for use while taking a walk, on the treadmill, in the car, or whenever you have time.
Most podcasts offer opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits. If you are interested in earning CE credits click here
The podcasts can also be accessed by visiting: www.prolibraries.com/counseling
. Once you are on this page, click on “Online Courses”, and filter the search by clicking “Product Type” and selecting podcasts.
Transcripts for select podcasts can be found by clicking here
Member Price: $22.00
Non-Member Price: $32.00
HT011 – Adler, Theory and Practice
Dr. Jon Carlson
Speaker: JON CARLSON, Psy.D., Ed.D is a Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Counseling at Governors State University, University Park, Illinois and a Psychologist with the Lake Geneva Wellness Clinic in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. He is the author of 40 books and 150 journal articles. He was named one of five "Living Legends in Counseling" in 2004 by the American Counseling Association.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- Why would anyone be interested in studying the work of a man who created his model a century ago?
- Does Adler's model take culture into account?
- Adlerian Therapy has also been called Individual Psychology. Is it also appropriate for couples and families?
- How does the Adlerian help bring about change? What is the process or steps and stages?
- How does this approach fit with other contemporary approaches to counseling?
Running time: 49:27
Date Recorded: 8/19/09
Email speaker: Jon Carlson at email@example.com
Email host: Rebecca Daniel-Burke at RDanielBurke@counseling.org