The Impact Project is a national social media campaign that aims to publicly honor people who have left a positive impact on others, often without knowing so. The project was designed in support of ACA Past President Dr. Thelma Duffey’s Presidential Initiative on Anti-Bullying and Interpersonal Violence. You can get involved by sharing your impact story using the simple instructions below, and spreading the word to family and friends.
1. Think of someone who has had an impact on your life, specifically someone who may not have known his or her impact.
2. Review the photo samples to your right and the video samples below to get a sense of how you might want to structure your personal impact statement.
3. If you'd like to do a photo, please download the Impact Project sign here and review photos tips here. If you'd like to do a video, please review video tips here.
4. Share your photo or video on your own Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account using the hashtag #KnowYourImpact OR post directly to the Impact Project Facebook page. Be sure to tag the American Counseling Association: facebook.com/American.Counseling.Association or @CounselingViews.
5. Help us change the conversation about bullying, interpersonal violence, and suicide.