ILLUMINATE Pride Month With ACA!
Last spring, President Obama proclaimed June as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. This summer, we invite you to join ACA in the nation’s capital, June 8–10, 2017, for Illuminate—an innovative counseling symposium focused on serving the needs of the LGBTQ community, and those who work with members of the LGBTQ community.
At the heart of this historic event is a powerful new training guide, "Counseling LGBTQ Adults Through the Life Span,” which will be distributed to all attendees. The guide was thoughtfully compiled by ACA President Catherine B. Roland, Ed.D., LPC, NCC and members of her 2016–2017 LGBTQ Targeted Task Group. Content will cover counseling individuals and families in the LGBTQ community, as well as supervising students and pre-licensed counselors working with members of the LGBTQ community.
Highlights of Illuminate:
- Compelling keynote speakers: Colleen Logan, PhD, LPC, LMFT, NCC (ACA past president, 2007–2008 and LGBTQ advocate) and Cheryl Holcomb-McCoy, PhD, dean of the School of Education at American University
- A multitude of innovative and exciting peer-reviewed education sessions
- Poster sessions offering face-to-face engagement and state-of-the-art outcome research of deep interest
- Opportunity to earn 12 CEs
- A dedicated reception for participants to network and connect
- An opportunity to attend the 42nd Annual Pride Festival on Pennsylvania Avenue, including a parade, concerts, and much more
View our Preliminary Schedule here.
Become a Sponsor here.
Don’t miss this monumental, brand new learning event/celebration!
Thursday, June 8 – Saturday, June 10, 2017
Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel, 1000 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
The Illuminate Symposium is now sold out, we are no longer accepting registrations.
The Grand Hyatt Hotel is also Sold out. You may contact the hotel directly to inquire about hotel reservations.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A $75 cancellation fee will apply for registration cancellation before May 1, 2017
- No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked after May 1, 2017.
- Registration cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing. No transfers will be granted.