ILLUMINATE Pride Month With ACA!
Last spring, President Obama proclaimed June as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. This summer, we invite you to join ACA in the nation’s capital, June 8–10, 2017, for Illuminate—an innovative counseling symposium focused on serving the needs of the LBGTQ community, and those who work with members of the LGBTQ community.
At the heart of this historic event is a powerful new training guide, "LGBTQ Counseling Throughout the Life Span,” which will be distributed to all attendees. The guide was thoughtfully compiled by ACA President Catherine B. Roland, Ed.D., LPC, NCC and members of her 2016–2017 LGBTQ Targeted Task Group. Content will cover counseling individuals and families in the LGBTQ community, as well as supervising students and pre-licensed counselors working with members of the LGBTQ community.
Highlights of Illuminate:
- Compelling keynote speakers: Colleen Logan, PhD, LPC, LMFT, NCC (ACA past president, 2007–2008 and LGBTQ advocate) and Cheryl Holcomb-McCoy, PhD, dean of the School of Education at American University
- A multitude of innovative and exciting peer-reviewed education sessions
- Poster sessions offering face-to-face engagement and state-of-the-art outcome research of deep interest
- Opportunity to earn 12 CEs
- A dedicated reception for participants to network and connect
- An opportunity to attend the 42nd Annual Pride Festival on Pennsylvania Avenue, including a parade, concerts, and much more
View our Preliminary Schedule here!
Don’t miss this monumental, brand new learning event/celebration!
Thursday, June 8 – Saturday, June 10, 2017
Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel, 1000 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
Click here to book a room at the ACA discounted rate of $189 single/double per night.
Or call 1-888-421-1442 and mention American Counseling Association.
(ACA rate expires May 11, 2017.)
Deadline for Early-Bird registration is April 7, 2017
- Regular Member: Early-Bird Registration–$225 (approx. $17 per CE); Full Registration–$275 (approx. $21/CE)
- Student Member: Early-Bird Registration–$145; Full Registration–$175
- Regular Non-Member: Early-Bird Registration–$350; Full Registration–$400
Student Non-Member: Early-Bird Registration–$230; Full Registration–$260