Call for Nominations for the ACA International Student Panel
Sponsored by the ACA International Committee
Globalization of the Counseling Profession: Unheard Voices
ACA Conference & Expo, March 27-30th, Honolulu, HI
Five counseling students will be selected for the ACA International Student Panel at the ACA Conference & Expo. Students will share their perspectives on training, services, and needs in their country, as well as their experiences studying in the U.S.
Criteria for selection:
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate program that focuses on counseling. The graduate program can be located in any country, including the United States.
- Students home country must be other than the United States (i.e., international).
- Five students will be selected from among the nominees. Students will be selected based on the quality of the nomination submission.
- Students selected for the panel will discuss their views and respond to questions from the audience.
If you meet the criteria listed above, please submit your nomination submission.
The submission packet should include:
- Brief Bio
- Name of Country
- Respond to the following questions
Answers should be brief and succinct:
- What kind of educational programs are offered in your country for people who wish to work in the mental health field?
- What values or traditions in your country are central to your training in cultural counseling?
- How are counseling and mental health services viewed by people in your country? How are services provided?
- What are the most significant mental health and educational issues that counselors face in your country? How has your training prepared you to respond to these issues?
- In your country, how are counselors and mental health professionals trained to respond to natural disasters and traumatic events?
Deadlines: Completed submission packets are due electronically by Friday, November 29th, 2013. Send nomination submission electronically to Dr. Erika Nash Cameron at email@example.com. When emailing, the subject line should read:
2014 International Student Panel
Selected student panelist will be notified by Friday, January 17th, 2014, and will receive complimentary conference registration to the ACA Conference & Expo in Honolulu!
For submission information and questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-347-6647 x296