The Graduate Student/New Professional Center
Located in the Expo, this is a space to connect with other students and new professionals and meet ACA leadership. You’ll find helpful ACA resources and refreshments will be served throughout the day.
Graduate Student Volunteer Program
Interested in saving some money on your Conference registration and making a meaningful commitment to your professional organization? We are recruiting approximately 125 graduate student volunteers to work a minimum of 10 hours during the Conference in exchange for half-off their registration fee. Slots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis, so apply early. Deadline is November 30, 2013. Were you a volunteer in 2012 or 2013? Your Hawaii registration will be reimbursed in full! Questions? Contact Trinh Le at acavolunteers.org.
ACA Career Center
Also located in the Expo, this is your source for one-on-one career planning or private practice consultations, interviews with onsite employers, resume reviews, mock interviews, and much more. Sign-up instructions and information will be sent to registrants as Conference approaches.
For Graduate Students and New Professionals Only Series
Do not miss these amazing sessions with respected leaders from your field.
- Gerald Corey: Becoming a Professional Counselor
- Mary Hermann: What Graduate Students and New Professionals Need to Know About the New ACA Code of Ethics
- Samuel T. Gladding: Developing a Professional Identity
- Shannon Karl: Everything Graduate Students and New Professionals Need to Know About the DSM-5
- Bradley Erford: What Graduate Students and New Professionals Need to Know About Conducting and Publishing Research
- Rebecca Daniel-Burke: A Resume Gets You in the Door, But the Interview Gets You the Job