Counselor (Extended Opportunity Programs & Services)
Posting Number: 0140073
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 9-15-2014
Job Type: Faculty - Tenure-Track
DEADLINE EXTENED TO 9-15-2014
Examples of Duties:
1. Provide academic, career, and personal counseling for students enrolled in the Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) including CARE, Second Chance and other EOPS programs.
2. Develop, update, and maintain accurate electronic educational plans and counseling records for students on assigned caseload.
3. Review EOPS Student Mutual Responsibility contract with student during initial counseling session.
4. Maintain ongoing contact with students assigned to caseload by conducting a minimum of three counseling contacts per semester with each student.
5. Coordinate an EOPS component such as orientation, transfer, CARE, Second Chance, etc., in addition to assigned caseload.
6. Develop and assess student learning outcomes for assigned component.
7. Write year-end summary of component activities for annual report and program review.
8. Review and determine status and Title 5 eligibility of continuing students on assigned caseload at the end of each term.
9. Attend regional and state EOPS meetings and conferences, and participate in professional development activities.
10. Attend EOPS and Student Development meetings and serve as an EOPS representative on campus committees.
11. May participate in departmental and college wide functions such as committee work, staff meetings, curriculum development, and assessment of student learning outcomes.
12. In addition to Ocean Campus, counselor may serve at CCSF Centers based on program need as determined by supervisor.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/499799