SEXUAL ASSAULT EDUCATION AND PREVENTION SPECIALIST
IUPUI is excited to announce a new position of Sexual Assault Education and Prevention Specialist. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of prevention, education, intervention and advocacy efforts related to sexual assault and relationship violence for the IUPUI campus. The Specialist will engage in the development and implementation of awareness and primary prevention programs. This individual will also provide direct service and referrals in response to and advocacy for victims of sexual and relationship violence. The Specialist will collaborate with various campus and community-based constituencies to provide effective and efficient programming efforts. This individual will also perform environmental and outcome assessments and maintain and compile data relevant to campus compliance with federal regulations. The Specialist will work closely with other campus health promotion professionals to develop and implement a holistic strategic plan supporting the health and wellness of IUPUI students. All staff provide service to the department and campus community through training and participation in crisis response, contribution to committees, and support of Division activities.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree in mental health, social work, student affairs, health education, higher education or related field.
Minimum Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience, including:
• Provision of direct service to individuals that have experienced sexual assault and relationship violence.
• Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Delivery of successful educational outreach and programs.
• Program evaluation.
• Addressing public health issues in order to impact the culture of a community.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities: Knowledge of the:
• principles of primary prevention work in sexual assault and relationship violence
• psychological impact of trauma and implications for advocacy
• prevention research and best practices related to the college campus setting
• federal and state legislation related to sexual assault and relationship violence prevention and response
Demonstrated skills in:
• Oral and written communication
• Collaboration and consensus-building
• Cross-cultural professional competencies
Additional skills required include:
• Strong work ethic and team oriented.
• Experience in university setting preferred.
Successful candidates must reflect the values of the IUPUI Division of Student Affairs: diversity, student-centeredness, learning, collaboration, community, integrity, and excellence.
IUPUI and the Division of Student Affairs are committed to diversity among our students, staff and faculty and value the associated educational benefits of a diverse community. Candidates should explain how they have and would continue to advance this campus goal. For more information please visit our website at http://studentaffairs.iupui.edu/ .
A complete application includes a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and must be submitted electronically at http://www.hra.iupui.edu for consideration. JOB #11095