YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES DIRECTOR
Youth Services Bureau
Community Services Department
Duties: Leads, manages and oversees the operation of the Youth Services Bureau (YSB), which provides counseling services to Bowie youth and their families, psycho-educational groups for parents and children. Carries out supervisory/managerial responsibilities in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws. Maintains accurate records of Division activities and services. Responsible for developing YSB operating budget. Provides review and clinical supervision of the Clinical Supervisor’s cases , while serving as an advocate for funding for positive development and preventative approaches for youth and families. Meets with community members to discuss potential or current programming. Provides programmatic support to seniors in the City in partnership with the Bowie Senior Center.
- Masters degree in counseling, social work or marriage and family therapy or a related field.
- Current clinical license: LCSW-C, LCPC or LCMFT
- Five years experience in a public or private agency dealing with youth, their families, or youth services programs.
- Three years progressively responsible administrative experience and three years of case supervisory experience.
- Specialty in Family Therapy
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Crisis counseling experience
- Senior and/or grief counseling
Salary: $69,690 annually
Mail: Human Resources Office, Bowie City Hall, 15901 Excalibur Road, Bowie, MD 20716
Fax to: 301-809-2304
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE
Application Deadline: Friday, May 2, 2014 at 5:00pm
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
City Hall, Community Services, Ice Rink, Parks & Grounds, Gymnasium, Senior
Center, Public Works (Garage, Water Plant, W.W.T.P.)