Providence is calling a Mental Health Therapist (Full-time, Days) in Mental Health Services at Providence Valdez in Valdez, AK.
Provides quality individual, group, family and marital therapy with children, adolescents and adults. Providence Valdez Counseling Center is a community based behavioral health service, which provides a variety of outpatient treatment services to assist adults, children and families.
In this position, you will:
- Must have a working knowledge of community behavioral health concepts, practices and theory and be able to provide the therapy and treatment necessary for clients. Be able to provide the necessary assessment, treatment and referral for clients. This will include individuals, groups, couples, families, children, adolescents and adults. Seeks and participates in clinical, psychiatric and informal consultation.
- Have responsibility for accurate and timely documentation of cases, including intake and discharge records, progress notes, treatment planning, correspondence, client assessments, and referral. Complete daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports for federal, state and local reporting requirements including documentation for AKAIMS reports. Coordinate treatment planning with other agencies, such as schools, juvenile probation, psychologist, psychiatrist, substance abuse residential treatment centers, courts, and other agencies.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call crisis intervention and emergency service rotation. Determine need for voluntary and involuntary psychiatric hospitalizations and assumes responsibility for the coordination of associated legal procedures.
- Pursue ongoing professional development relevant to the job position.
- Maintains strict confidentiality within federally mandated guidelines and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education or other related behavioral health field that will allow for licensure as listed below
- Successfully completion of counseling internship
- State of Alaska license in a behavioral health field, ex: LCSW, (Licensed Clinical Social Worker); LMFT, (Licensed Marital and Family Therapist); or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) within three years of hire. LPC licensure hours supervision may be available on the job
- Substance Abuse Professional Certification (e.g. CDC I or II, National Master Addiction Counselor) required within one year of hire
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 34760
To apply, click here.