Providence is calling a Clinician – Behavioral Health (Full-time, Days) to the Providence Valdez Counseling Center in Valdez, AK.
Provides quality individual, group, family and marital therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
This position will take some call.
In this position, you will:
- Have a working knowledge of community behavioral health concepts, practices and theory and be able to provide the therapy and treatment necessary for clients.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely documentation of cases, including intake and discharge records, progress notes, treatment planning, correspondence, client assessments, and referral. Participate in 24-hour on-call crisis intervention and emergency service rotation.
- Pursue ongoing professional development relevant to the job position.
- Act as the Director in the absence of the Director of the agency.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education or other related behavioral health field as listed below
- State of Alaska license OR license in another state, which will allow for Alaska licensure by credentialing” in a behavioral health field, ex: LCSW, (Licensed Clinical Social Worker); LMFT, (Licensed Marital and Family Therapist); or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
- License transfer must be completed within one year of hire
- Substance Abuse Professional Certification (e.g. CDC I or II, National Master Addiction Counselor) required within one year of hire
- One (1) year of counseling experience
About the community you will serve.
Providence Valdez Behavioral Health is a community based behavioral health service, which provides a variety of outpatient treatment services to assist adults, children and families.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 47548
To apply, click here.