Providence is calling an oncall Mental Health Assessment Specialist to the Psychiatric Emergency Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Assessment Specialist serves as a member of the clinical team to provide psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation, and crisis intervention in both the Medical and Psychiatric Emergency Departments and in the Community.
In this position, you will:
- Perform comprehensive assessments of patients and the relevant systems to formulate diagnoses and plans appropriate interventions.
- Serve as a conduit for accurate and timely information to key people on potential or current patients.
- Document information appropriately.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals to inpatient and community services.
- Provide information and consultations to patients, potential patients, families, significant others, physicians, hospital staff, and to communities in general to assess mental health needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field.
- Current licensure in the State of Alaska as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) or eligibility for licensure within 6 months of employment.
- Four years clinical experience in the mental health field.
- Working knowledge of criteria for reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, and other funding sources http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.htmlhttp://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.html Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 47119
To apply, click here.