Title: Counselor (Limited Term)
Department: Counseling Services Exemption Status: Exempt
Division: Academic Affairs Pay Grade: 8 Job Summary: The limited term counselor’s responsibilities include providing individual, group, and couples counseling services to a diverse range of GC students on personal (psychological and mental health), academic, and career concerns to facilitate their adjustment and growth. The limited term counselor will maintain documentation of services. The employee will develop and lead structured groups, workshops, presentations, and other counseling outreach programming.
1. Provide counseling to a diverse range of constituents on personal, academic, and career concerns, engage in crisis intervention to address emergency situations, and maintain appropriate documentation and provide psych educational outreach programming. 70%
2. Develops and leads structured groups, workshops, presentations, and other counseling outreach programming. 15%
3. Consults with faculty, staff, and other personnel both on and off campus about the developmental, career, and mental health needs of students. 5%
4. Works individually and on committees with faculty, staff, other educational personnel, and external agencies for the benefit of students and the institution. 5%
5. Completes additional duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Counseling Services. 5% Functional Knowledge and skills:
Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations. Understanding of complex principles of human behavior; Complete case notes in timely manner; develop outreach presentations; ability to use computer for scheduling, documentation and communication; answering phones; office equipment; written case notes, outreach presentations to students and staff.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge, License, Certifications needed:
Licensure in a mental health discipline in Georgia, or ability to obtain licensure within one year of hire.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree with 1-3 years experience
To apply: https://www.gcsujobs.com/