Marriage Family Therapist
(Job Number: 201648)
Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Northern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. From our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians, we work together to provide the best care experience to our members and the communities we serve. As one of the most diverse regions in the country, Northern California offers everything from the majestic Sierra Mountains, to breathtaking Yosemite, to world-renowned Napa Valley. Here, you'll discover the cultural and recreational diversity that makes Northern California one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work. As Northern California's largest health plan, Kaiser Permanente provides you with the resources and opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us.
Interviews, assesses and evaluates patients and families who present themselves for psychiatric dysfunction; provides professional counseling and treatment with the goal of maximizing personal/familial functioning.
• Interviews patients and family members to assess nature and extent of psychiatric problem.
• Develops, implements and evaluates treatment approaches for patients and affected family members.
• This may include individual, marital, family, group and intensive therapeutic modalities.
• Maintains confidential individual case summaries.
• Confers and consults with staff physicians regarding patient's progress and treatment; confers with attending physicians regarding hospitalized patients and recommends treatment plans.
• Provides appropriate support to member's family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment.
• Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to include referral of the member and/or members family to external resources.
• Establishes liaisons to utilize resources of public and private agencies/community organizations to meet member and program needs.
• Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
• This position does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
• This position provides emergent, urgent and routine levels of telephone advice to Northern California Kaiser health plan members calling the Regional Psychiatry After Hours Call Center.
• The staff nurse functions as an independent clinician, utilizing approved guidelines/decision trees for advice/referral, but must use own clinical judgement for crisis intervention situations, ie. Suicidal, homicidal, psychotic callers: and for consultation with other health care providers re: hospitalization, referral.
• The incumbent must have the ability to use a computer terminal for extended periods of time, navigate between various software and mainframe systems on a computer and wear a telephone head set for the majority of the work.
• Previous post license, paid experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient setting/program under licensed supervision (usually two (2) to four (4) years).
• Master's degree in applied behavioral science required.
• Current license as a Marriage, Family and Child Counselor in the State of California.
• Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Knowledge of state regulations with regard to ethics, treatment, patient rights and confidentiality.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Regional Psychiatry Call Center - 2 years (within the last 5 years) of advice, referral and crisis intervention knowledge.
• Recent locked inpatient unit experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills, especially in listening and problem solving.
• Recent locked Inpatient Psychiatric Unit experience and/or Call Center experience.
Primary Location: California-Martinez-Martinez Hacienda Medical Offices 200 Muir Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32
Working Days: Week 1: Mon, Thurs, Sat: 3:30 PM - 12:00 PM, Fri: 2:30 PM - 11:00PM
Week 2: Sun, Mon, Thurs, Fri: 3:30 PM - 12:00 PM Schedule: Part-time Public Department Name: Psychiatric Call Center
Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes
To apply: https://kp.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.